The Palestine Information and Communications Technology Incubator – PICTI would like to invite entrepreneurs and students to enter in the National Business Plan Contest - 2012.
The Business Plan Contest is designed, organized and managed by the Palestine ICT Incubator - PICTI, as this initiative is one of the tools towards achieving PICTI’s strategic objective of working to identify and support the technical, intellectual and managerial talent of young entrepreneurs who can become the backbone of a dynamic export market for ICT products and services in Palestine.
TOP REASONS TO PARTICIPATE IN PICTI BUSINESS PLAN CONTEST:
About yourself, about your working style, about business, about research, about teamwork, about project management, and about the IT industry. Attend industry seminars and workshops on “How to Write a Business Plan,” “Protecting Your Idea,” “Pitching Your Idea,” “Business Models”, and more!
2- APPLY WHAT YOU’VE LEARNED IN THE CLASSROOM
Learn what it’s like to make a business work in the “real world.” See if it’s different from what you learned in school. Experience means a lot to employers and funding agencies.
Every employer and start-up business recognizes the value of teamwork. A strong team player is one who has had of experience managing different people and working styles and overcoming inevitable obstacles.
4- SEE YOUR IDEAS COME TO LIFE
Had an idea for a while and want to see if you can make it work? Need that extra push to put your ideas on paper? “Live the challenge” and get the extra incentive you need to make your dreams come true.
5- ENTREPRENEURIAL EXPERIENCE
How many of your colleagues and friends can say that they have an idea for a technology related business, let alone have written a business plan for one or seen how it stacked up against other ideas? The PICTI Business Plan Contest experience will help you to stand out from the crowd.
6- NETWORKING WITH HIGH PROFILE SPONSORS
Meet Palestine’s top management of high-profile companies and governmental organizations. Impress them with your know-how and entrepreneurial spirit.
7- FEEDBACK ON YOUR PLAN AND IDEAS FROM INDUSTRY LEADERS
The PICTI Business Plan PRIZES!!!
This year, there will be 3 first prizes and 1 grand prize at the Intel Global Challenge covering the following three tracks:
1. New Technology for New Users: The team that has the greatest opportunity to create a disruptive, scalable business that most impacts Generation C (the Connected Generation of 17-27 years old), those who have grown up in an age where computers, the internet and mobile devices have always existed.
2. Social Innovation: The team that has the greatest opportunity leveraging technology for first time or existing technology users, creating a scalable business with positive financial returns as well as a significant impact on systemic social problems in critical sectors including agriculture, education, energy, financial services, the environment, health, housing and water.
3. Computing 2020: The team that has the greatest opportunity to create a scalable business that leverages disruptive computing innovations including cloud computing, big data, high speed mobile connectivity, machine learning, artificial intelligence and advanced sensors.
- The Top Three Teams will be nominated for the sub regional competition in Amman - Jordan (Intel Levant BPC). Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered as part of the prize:
- Sep 18 – Afternoon workshop on Criteria and presenting the plan
- Sep 19 – Pitching - Judging all day and Awards Ceremony evening time
- They will be pitching their projects and competing for the UC-Berkeley seat - Intel Global Challenge at UC Berkeley, 5,6,7,8 Nov 2012. Travel and accommodation expenses will be covered as part of the prize.
- PICTI will offer incubation services including acceleration and funding for three to five projects at PICTI (Ramallah & Gaza), and in cooperation with Palestine universities.
- The winners will be enrolled in PICTI mentoring and coaching programs. They will receive mentoring & coaching services for six months to one year from Palestine Network of Mentors and other international networks.
However, PICTI Business Plan Contest team considers every team that submits a plan to be a winner, and each will receive a certificate for their participation.
- All Teams will receive a certificate of entry
- Team Advisors will receive a certificate of consultancy
- A template for a Business Plan is attached as an annex
For more information:
Deadline for Business Plans Submission: July 20, 2012