From Innovation to Creation
The Palestine Information and Communication Technology Incubator (PICTI) is implementing the ‘From Innovation to Creation’ project, Funded by the European Union in collaboration with the PICTI and SPARK.
The specific objective of the project is to initiate a programme that unlocks the potential of ICT related innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups, with the aim of contributing to the growth and development of ICT across the various Palestinian sectors. This is planned to be achieved in order to provide a support network and nurture a national innovation ecosystem in the West Bank and Gaza Strip, bringing together all innovators, entrepreneurs and start-ups under one roof.
The programme is to be implemented in 4 phases, within a timeline of 12 months (1st October 2022 – 30th Sep 2023), and is expected to translate into increased job and wealth creation in the Palestinian ICT sector especially among youth.
PICTI’s Main Goals:
- Launch Tech-Led Startup Competition, focusing on the fields of Social Entrepreneurship, Green Technology, & Digital Technology.
- 60 Tech-Led to receive training on leadership & team management skills.
- 9 winners to be selected, to inter a 6-month incubation program within PICTI to turn their business ideas into actual business startups.
- The 9 winners are to able connected with decision-makers and investors in their specific sector.
- The 9 winners receive seed funding to help lunch their business.
- The 9 winners will receive full branding package.
- The 9 winners will be added to PICTI’s startup directory, to be promoted online.